Five Wonderful Things. {bye bye, 2014}

Happy Sunday, loves! 

There is a little less than three weeks left in 2014, and I've been constantly asking myself, "Where did it go?" I remember NYE 2014 like it was yesterday - I went to sleep crying, because I was alone - at that moment, I thought the year would be a bust, but 2014 has been anything but a bust. 

I have conquered more fears in 2014 than I could have ever imagined, and became more of the woman I am meant and want to be. My milestone birthday of twenty five came and went, and it was more fabulous than words can describe, and as I prepare for one week of school and three weeks at home with my wonderful family, I can't help but feel grateful and blessed for this amazing life and amazing year that I have been given. 

I hope, as 2014 disappears before us, you can also find tiny moments of gratefulness and contentment. I also encourage you clean house and prepare yourself for next year. Part of a new year is that you can shed old skin, literally and figuratively, and clean out space for better blessings. These blessings can take the form of people, jobs, or material goods, and you need to be ready for them. You can't accept a gift if your hands are still holding onto trash. 

With these last few weeks, find the time to make a literal list (on paper or electronically - I realize not everyone likes to hand write these days) and list the things you are most proud of in 2014 and the things you are most excited for in 2015. Hopefully your list will make you realize how wonderful you are and how hard you worked for those proud moments. 

This week marks the last week of school before winter break, and energy and emotions for all are running high, so as I take this Sunday and use it to recharge and do the things Lucy wants to do, I want to remind myself (and you) of Five Wonderful Things

1. I babysat a puppy this weekend. I don't like dogs anymore. I loved one dog, Mocha, and she was perfect. We put her to sleep when I was 21 and I never knew the loss of a pet until her. After her death, dogs were no longer welcome in my heart. Petty, I know, but we all deal with grief differently. My best friend, however, has a puppy and he's snuggled his way into my heart and I had the privilege of baby-sitting him this weekend. I had the best time walking and snuggling and playing fetch with him. My love for all dogs hasn't quite returned, but it was a nice weekend spent with a four legged friend. 

2. I did Christmas cards. This seems like a routine activity for some, but this year, was my first year doing Christmas cards for my friends and coworkers and it was such a sweet, loving feeling to write how much I loved each of them in a card decorated with a cat dressed in Christmas attire. I hope they enjoy them as much as I did. 

3. I planned my babes' winter celebration. My babes have earned a winter celebration, and they voted between a present party (a white elephant party) or arts and crafts, and my heart sang when they chose arts and crafts. We will have a ginger bread house contest, make ornaments, color scratch art, and make ugly sweater ornaments. My aunt is graciously providing pizza for our celebration and  I can't wait to spend Friday afternoon just being their friend instead of their teacher. 

4. I made a financial plan for 2015. I wrote down my financial goals for 2015, and the best way to achieve them. I may be cutting back my wants in the short term, but the long term gain will benefit me more. Being an adult isn't an age, it's a mindset - a mindset that you have to be willing to sacrifice in the present to reap benefits in the future. I will go back to Ireland in 2015, and I will begin to conquer student loan debt. Fabulous girls manage their whole life, including their money! 

5. I chose a MSA program that fits my lifestyle. I had previously written about applying to a MSA program at a prestigious Southern institution, and while that was a great experience, I have chosen a different path. I already have a Master's and there is a program that will allow me to add on to my license without going through a three year program, which is fantastic for so many reasons! So, come January, I will be a full time teacher and a part time student and I couldn't be more excited! 

As one o'clock creeps up on this Sunday afternoon, my sense of urgency is low - a Sunday well spent bring a week of contentment.  My lesson planning will be done in an appropriate amount of time and my book will be read for pleasure. 

Take this Sunday for yourself and bask in your fabulous life! (: Enjoy your Sunday, loves! Until next time, 
- xo, Lucy 

No comments:

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS