Sunday Sentiments. {last Sunday in 2014.}

The holidays are over. The leftovers are almost gone, the wrapping paper already recycled, and unwanted gifts returned, and slowly but surely, real life is starting to work it's way back. 

I have successfully put work on the back burner for almost five whole days, and the idea of starting the endless to do list again is a bit overwhelming, but young minds must be shaped and the world needs to be saved/taken over (whichever you prefer.) 

The holidays at our house were wonderful - my brother and I are older, so it was definitely about family and love, and less about presents and stockings. I am very grateful for my family this year. I was constantly asked what I wanted for Christmas, but the things I want and have can't be bought, and I am just so grateful for the quality time I got to spend with my family, as I am sure everyone was and is. 

As the year wraps up so quickly, today is the last Sunday in 2014 - I have started to think about what the new year will hold and what am I going to do with the rest of my life. 

This morning, the sermon at church was so poignant - one of those moments where you are stopped and the truth you needed to hear was spoken to you. The message that everyone needs to hear (regardless of your faith) is that: everyone has a gift + you have to use it to better the world for yourself and others. 

One of the constant topics of Ginger On the Move is motivation and making sure you are making a difference all the time, and in 2015, that is such a driving force in my life that it is, slowly but surely, becoming more of my identity and that is nothing to be ashamed of. 

This year, you have something to offer the world - maybe you have been offering your gift or gifts, and this year you need to continue to make them sparkle and shine, and perfect your talents. Maybe this year, you need to find out what your talent and gifts are, so that you can start making the world and yourself a better place. Maybe this year, you face the greatest challenge: figuring out how to use your talents and gifts to make the world and yourself better. 

That is the one most people (including myself) struggle with - how do I take this amazing gift and turn it into a skill, service, or offering that will enhance the world? That, loves, is the million dollar answer, because it's different for everyone. How you choose to show, display, and use your gift is different. Even if someone has the same gift as you, how you use it is going to be different. 

For 2015, your resolution shouldn't be lose ten pounds or save $20 every week, your resolution should be filling the void of the world that only you can fill with your gifts and talents that only you have. There is no one like you on the Earth (which is an amazing fact); therefore, you have to be faithful to your gifts and talents, and you have to show the world what it's been missing. 

When the new year comes, be ready - be ready to be more assertive and to give more and more each day - those who give much will receive much. As the year winds down, start that journey of using your gifts, and making sure they aren't gathering dust. Don't miss out on a chance to be great. 
Photo Credit: Google Images

Until next time, loves -
Lucy 

No comments:

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS