Must-Read Monday!

It's Monday - such a great day for carpe diem and just being awesome! (: 

Typically, my Monday posts have an overall motivational tone, building up for a great week and a chance to take a few steps closer to your dreams, but today, I am trying something different - a Must Read Monday

It's no secret that I love reading. That's an understatement, really - I am obsessed with it. I carry a book or my Kindle with me every where. I subscribe to magazines by the dozen, and visit the library more than three times a week. I love it, and as a nerdy girl and a teacher, I want other people to love it as much as I do, hence the birth of Must Read Monday

My current obsession right now is a suspense author, Michael Robotham and his mind bending thrillers. Michael's series center around Joe O'Loughlin, a criminal psychologist who makes a living breaking into criminals' minds and picking apart their actions. Robotham creates a literal page turner that winds together so many literary elements, but pulls it off in a flawless fashion. Noteworthy mentions by him: The Suspect + Lost (related titles), Shatter, and Bleed for Me

I am also reading a lot of DIY books, thrifty living, and urban homesteading - my mom and dad are twenty first century pioneers and have more than inspired me to take a leap into self-sufficiency.  My favorite two, so far this summer, have been: 
- be thrifty. edited by Pia Catton & Califia Suntree -> It's organized by categories into tips to be more thriftier in your daily life. It covers everything from home improvement to cooking to beauty routines. I think, especially in your twenties, that it is important to be financially literate and practice good money habits that can carry you through life. This book is easy and well written and filled with practical tips. 
- The Bust DIY Guide to Life by Laurie Henzel & Debbie Stoller -> This has been my favorite DIY book this summer. The cover is pink and immediately caught my eye, but the content kept me interested. Tips range from Repurposed Fashion to From Scratch in the food section. It is easy to follow and organized well, so you can look by section or from cover to cover. 

With Monday being such an important mental step in the week - it can be a struggle week or a success week, take your pick - it's important to find stuff for you to enjoy for yourself. For me, it's reading - for you, it may be something completely different, but that find that release and find that free time for yourself. It's invaluable for success. 

Until next time, loves 
- xo  

No comments:

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS