25 till 25.

Photo credit: Instagram 
My countdown app on my phone reminded me today that it's 25 days till 25. Ugh. 

My birthday hasn't traditionally been a big deal. My birthday falls near the end of the month in the summer, and growing up, with one parent as a teacher, we just didn't have a lot of money, so sometimes, it was overlooked. 

As I got older, I tried to emphasize my birthday for myself, and it has haphazardly worked. I'm lucky that I have been surrounded by a good group of friends that have sent me flowers, texts, and Instagram shoutouts to remind me how much they love me. 


This year, though, I am setting my birthday hopes high. I turn 25, which for me, equates to a quarter life crisis. A quarter of my life - 1/4, .25, 25% - is over. For me, this is a powerful moment. 

The images I had in my head of 25 don't match what I am experiencing right now, and I am having a hard time letting go of the ideal that I grew up working to obtain. Does that mean that those things aren't ever going to happen for me? Of course not, I know that logically - I know that there is so much time to have a family and get married and be responsible for the rest of my life, but I am still very much struggling with it. 

So, in order to bring in 25 the right way, I am taking the month of August - creating a birthday month dedicated to my birth and me conquering 25. Every week and weekend will come with a fun activity or time spent doing something that I want. I deserve for 25 to be wonderful and happy and filled with love. August, get ready - you have so much in store! 

Here's to 25 in 25...

No comments:

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS