Motivation Monday! [:

Photo credit: Pinterest
and we're back to our regularly scheduled program...

No, I don't mean we are back to shaping young minds - my summer can't be that short. (: I do mean we are back to encouraging and making sure that Monday doesn't get a bad rap or gets sold short. 

Everyone waits for the New Year, January 1st, for a second chance - a fresh start, but we get a second chance every week - every Monday is another opportunity to make what you want happen and to make yourself into the person you want to be. Monday gets the most awful rap for being the first day of the work week, when it should be viewed as another chance to have the best week ever! 

Some of you reading this could be thinking that I am too enthusiastic or naive to real world happenings, but friend, let me tell you - I used to be you. I used to hate Mondays - another week of my boring life, at my less than perfect job, with a less than perfect body, with they choose when they want to be my friend friends. 

But, I had to stop that negativity - cut it off like a dead flower and tell myself there's more to life than trudging through the mud and hoping something different happens. You have to make that change. One positive thought in the morning is life-changing. I promise. Do it. 

Monday should be a goal-setting, powerful day for everyone - a moment where you say 'This is what I am accomplishing this week, no matter the cost.' Our goals will be different, we are all in different places, and that's okay - the point is we set the week on fire and make it happen! 

I believe in accountability, even when it's difficult or hurts, so let someone know your goals - let someone be your cheerleader. Who doesn't love cheerleaders? Everyone knows in college, I loved them more than I did the athletes - why? Because they cheer for others' success, they cheer for others to win. Be a cheerleader and let others cheer for you. There are so many quotes about not letting others know your goals and dreams, because they will shoot them down. If that's your reality, you need to surround yourself with new people, boo. A true friend, a true cheerleader won't shoot anything down, but negative speech and actions. 

So, here's to Monday, here's to setting the week on fire and not letting flame go out, here's to carrying those imaginary pom-poms and waving them every chance you get - for others and for yourself. Here's to Monday, cupcakes - another chance to make all your dreams come true! 

Photo Credit: Myself 






No comments:

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS