Five Wonderful Things {back to school edition.}

Here it is, Sunday afternoonish - my last day of summer. Today, my body has taken a long sigh and decided to thoroughly enjoy my last day of summer. After three hours of (mediocre) work, I gave in and popped some popcorn and watch Drop Dead Gorgeous

Five Wonderful Things takes a beautiful spin this week, as it's my birthday week and it's back to school for teachers - so many exciting things to be ready for! 

1. My birthday is in 5 days. Five days till 25 - woah, I can't believe that! I've been waiting all summer for my birthday and here it is. It's paired with the opening meetings for teachers and preparations for my new students, but it's still my birthday week and I'll still be turning 25. 

2. Students come to my room in a week. I get a whole new batch of cupcakes in a week! My best friends are ten, and I have waited all summer to meet my new friends. My favorite part about teaching is, of course, my students. Without them, this means nothing. Without them, none of the anchor charts, best practices, teaching books - none of this means anything. I can't wait to meet them - this fourth grade group coming up is amazing! 

3. I'm having a birthday party. I haven't had a birthday since I turned 21, and I haven't had a good birthday party since I turned 16, so this means a lot to me. I used Punchbowl to invite my friends from near and far, and sure enough - people have responded! I have felt so surrounded with love by the simple act of people RSVP'ing to my dinner. I can't wait! 

4. My students will start the year with pencils, folders, and notebooks. Any teacher will tell you that students coming to school without supplies is a burden and a moment of sadness, because it becomes our responsibility to help make the act of learning possible. I get it - there are families with lots of children and the cost of supplies is high, but it is necessary. Please, please, please buy even the smallest amount of supplies for your child - somewhere a teacher will be sighing in relief. In my personal classroom, I have been blessed with the opportunity to buy supplies for my classroom and my aunt has helped me out so much, so my students will start off well! 

5. My best friend is getting me a book bag. I am so incredibly excited for this book bag! It's part of my birthday present, but I know it's going to be Hello Kitty and nothing says back to school like a Hello Kitty book bag! 

I am in love with this season of my life - specifically these past few weeks, I am utterly involve with this time. I hope you are too. I hope you have Five Wonderful Things in your life that you are in love with .

Until next time, dolls - 
xo 


No comments:

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS