Five Wonderful Things {weekend edition.}



Thank God and Ice Cube for Friday...

Even though, I don't have a traditional work week right now, because of the summer - I am still grateful for Friday and the weekend. My friends are on semi-regular schedules then, and the feeling of the weekend (as an adult) is indescribable. I read on Facebook this week that August is an endless Sunday night for teachers and I have to agree. My summer has disintegrated in front of me and my summer bucket list has been left untouched - my coveted beach trip included. I cannot complain, I have been blessed with opportunities this summer to further my professional brand and to relax - two things I was desperate for. To wrap up this week, and to put the glorious weekend into perspective - here are five wonderful things from my week. 

1. I presented unit maps to the district. I was asked to write two unit maps for my school district, which is an honor that I am valued and humbled by. Today, I presented my units and they were well received with minor changes. I was very nervous, which rarely happens, but it was a shining moment in my career. 

2. I planned with my new teammate. Both of my teammates left this year, which left fifth grade two (wo)men down, and anyone who knows elementary school knows that fifth grade is a hard grade to fill. We (my school) were able to fill the positions with two enthusiastic, but young teachers. While my new teammates have not had teaching experience, they are passionate and ready to go, which is invaluable! While one of my teammates is busy fulfilling previous commitments, my other teammate and I have been making provisions for the first week of school, which is an exciting process. 

3. My birthday is in two weeks. My birthday is in two weeks and for the first time in many years, I am attempting to plan my own party - 25 is a big birthday, and I want to have fun and make good memories for this (life changing) birthday. I have only had 3 RSVPs, but I am staying positive that it will be a good night. 

4. I completed a crafting project. I bought old love letters from the flea market a long time ago, and just stored them away. I bought an old secretary desk off of Craig's List and thanks to some DIY inspiration, the desk is now covered in old love letters. It was a super easy and super quick project, but it has made my home office area a very nice and productive space. 

5. I still have one week of summer left. That's right - I have one week of summer left, just seven days, but seven powerful days that will be spent reading, snuggling with my cat, and playing Sims (my nerdy guilty pleasure.) I know this school year will be an extremely important year in my career for many reasons, I can feel it, and I want to be as prepared as possible. 

Here are my five wonderful things for this week - as you wind down with a glass of wine or tea this Friday night, think about your week and what five wonderful things happened to you. If you're having a hard time coming up with some, maybe you need to make some changes in your life, friend. It's just a thought. 

Until, next time, loves 
-xo

No comments:

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS